Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December 5, 2016

Hellloooo boys and girls!
We had a CRAZY busy week! Comme d'hab, it was the end of the transfer so we had 3 finding days in a row! No crazy goat men this time around, just some really cool people and some ancien amis! For our finding day in Rennes, we asked the missionaries to go with members to track down people the missionaries used to teach but lost contact. We found a lot of they-don't-live-there-anymores, the-missionaries-didn't-write-down-enough-informations, they-are-very-happy-with-their-religion-thank-you-very-muchs, yes-I-am-that-person-but-I-don't-know-who-you-ares, and a couple yes-I-love-the-missionaries-you-can-come-back-next-Thursdays!
We also had several awesome lessons with Jacqueline this week! She has been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon in both French and Tahitian, and agreed to be baptized the 14 Jan! We have a program that we use in the mission called NASVA (Nos Amis Sont Vos Amis or Our Friends Are Your Friends but OFAYF is hard to say) that helps our amis get integrated with ward members. Our NASVA member is Soeur Marguerite, who is basically an angel on earth. She and Jacqueline are already such great friends, talking on the phone all the time. We are so excited for her! I have never met anyone who was more prepared to be baptized than she is.
And now, transfers news! Sadly, my stepmom and my village mom will be leaving! Sœur Tasso will be leaving to go to Villeneuve-d'Ascq and be an STL! My new companion is Sœur Piazza- she's French, from Lyon! Soeur George will be headed to the temple site, Versailles, and trading places with my chère Sœur Neistadt!
Thank you all for your wonderful emails and love! Are you excited for Christmas? I sure am! Christmas in France is already magical. Rennes looks so beautiful with Christmas lights up everywhere and forbidden (because of safety) Christmas marchés. Since I'll be staying in Rennes, if you wanted to send any Christmas cards, packages, or letters, my address is still the same!
Soeur Rogers
Les Missionnaires
2 Rue Moliére
Rennes 35700 France
Bisous!
Soeur Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment