Monday, March 27, 2017

3-13-17

Hello everyone!!

This week was still pretty hard, but I'm certainly on the uphill. One of the things I was really grateful for this week was the people around me, both the ones I already know and the ones we just barely met. I know that my Heavenly Father put people in my life and in my path this week so that I can overcome the many challenges that came my way, both mentally and emotionally. The first person that I'm so grateful for this week is my companion, Soeur Kitchen. She was at my side during all my difficult moments this week, and I am so grateful to have her with me :) So besides my wonderful companion, let's take a tour through the amazing people I got to meet and teach this week!

The biggest miracle this week happened when we taught our ami Marie Monnin. She's been an ami for more than 2 years and it's been hard to pinpoint the reason she hasn't yet been baptized. Ultimately we think it was more of a mental block. We spent the last couple lessons with her talking about the temple, and Saturday we went over the baptismal interview questions. There were no soucis, so I just asked her, "Marie, what is keeping you from being baptized? You're completely ready!!" She told us that she didn't think her husband was okay with it, and she wanted to respect him. Her husband had been walking in and out of the room during the entire lesson (we were in the kitchen) so Soeur Kitchen leaned back and yelled, "Pierre? Can Marie get baptized?" He came into the kitchen and asked what that means, so we told him that when Marie gets baptized she'll make a promise with God, she'll receive the Holy Ghost, etc. and he said, "Marie, you can do what you want! If that will make you happy, do it!" So Marie said she wants to get baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for her, it's been such a long road but she's almost there, and she's so happy!!

I was having a really hard time with finding this week (thanks again to Soeur Kitchen for her endless patience) but Heavenly Father blessed us to meet some really amazing people. We had a really hard day on Thursday, but right at the end of the day we met this really cute Chinese girl named Cecile. She told us that she believes that it's important to talk to God when we have struggles, but she's not really sure if He's really there or if He loves her. So we told her, we can help you with that!! We also met an amazing woman named Virginie the next morning. She is just full of sunshine and light and love for God, and is really interested in meeting with us and learning more about the Restoration!! She's a widow, but she has so much faith in God, and knows that her husband is not really gone, but just "on the other side". We gave her a Book of Mormon, and she was so happy!!! She brought so much light into my day, and I'm really excited to be able to bring the gospel into her life. 

Other adventures from this week that I don't have time to write about:
-We set a baptismal date with Calista!
-We found real life ROUS by the river and they were gross!
-We spent 20€ on 9 varieties of cheeses at the supermarket!
-We had 5 amis at church!

Well friends, remember that God loves you and wants to talk with you. Prayer is a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father, and it's something that can bring peace, comfort and understanding. It's definitely done that for me this week, and I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have that I am a daughter of God. I love you all, and hope you have a great week!!

Soeur Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment