Monday, April 17, 2017

4-10-17

So many things to say, so little time!! Here are a couple highlights from my week!!

-We went to Paris for Soeur Kitchen's legality and met up with some of my favorite missionaries! We slept over with Soeurs Mattson, Marshall, Newell, Rajasooriar, Corneta, Romney, and Huston-- it was a packed apartment but it was a blast!! We also saw Soeur Larson and Soeur Peterson the next day at the legality office. We didn't have the time to go visit the temple, but it's okay-- we all get to go next week!! It's so close I can almost taste it!
-Speaking of the temple, there are new beautiful pictures of the temple up on lds.org and mormonnewsroom.org! They are so achingly beautiful, I'm so excited to see the temple for real!!
-We went to spend an afternoon with our ami Mireille in her garden, doing service. She is planting a garden near a center for disabled people so they can enjoy the nature, and she's going to plant vegetables to give away to make people healthier. She's so kind and so excited about this project!
-We contacted a lady named Madame Vanaux last week and met her again this week. We talked about how we can know that God is there, that He hears our prayers, and that the people we love aren't gone after they die. She wasn't ready to be taught, but she was touched by our testimonies and our prayers.
-We also went porting in a nicer neighborhood and were able to have some cool conversations. We talked with an atheist girl named Magali, and were able to pray with her and share the new Prince of Peace video. She was so touched by our testimonies as we talked about why we believe in God.
-We finished General Conference (the Sunday afternoon session) on Thursday morning. It was so awesome!! My missionary brain was a big fan of Elder Costa's talk about his conversion story, but my normal-person brain loved Elder Holland's talk. I love being able to start conference review immediately after conference with my tablet!! (I'm trying to be grateful for the technology I have-- last week's Internet crisis hasn't completely left my mind :) )
-Today we rode bikes!! It was a pain to figure out how to rent the bikes that are all over centreville, but we were finally able to do it and rode almost 5 km (3 miles for you Americans) from one end of the ville to the other. It wasn't a lot, but it was a ton of fun and I got nicely sunburned :)
-Transfer decisions came through!! I am staying in Mulhouse, and will be here for my 20th birthday!! You know what that means-- my address is the same! Any birthday surprises, cards, packages, coconuts, or whatever else you want to send in the mail can be sent directly to 

Soeur Rachael Rogers
Les soeurs missionnaires
18 Rue du Chataignier 
Kingersheim 68260
FRANCE

Okay, that's about everything!! I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! Good luck to everyone who's moving villes!!

Bisous, 
Soeur Rogers

1. Beautiful neighborhood by the legality place
2. Legality soeurs!! 
3. Service selfie
4-6. The Paris temple is so beautiful!! I'm so excited to visit!






No comments:

Post a Comment