Monday, May 15, 2017

5-15-17

It has been raining buckets this week, and with all the rain came miracles!! Let me tell you about some of them!!

The first miracle is that WE GOT A NEW SHOWER DOOR!! Our shower has been without door, curtain, or any kind of barrier for about 3 months now, and luckily we have a lot of extra towels in our apartment, because we've been going through them quickly! On Tuesday morning our DMP came to fix the shower door for what should have been the last time, but finally he told us that it was completely broken and had to be replaced. A flurry of phone calls later, we went to Castorama (the French version of Home Depot) and bought a new shower door! We got it installed on Friday and we are now enjoying luxurious showers with no need to mop up afterwards!

We also had an amazing evening with the Sautron family and several of their neighbors. We taught about how the gospel helps us become more united as a family and how we can have our families even after we die... through temples!! It was such a joy to be able to testify simply about the reason why we built the Paris temple, and why it's so sacred and important to us. I am so thrilled about the consecration!! It's happening on Sunday!! I feel so privileged to be here at this time and to share this momentous occasion with the people of France. 

On Friday all of our appointments fell through, so we decided to finally take the time to go to St Louis, a smallish town near the Swiss-German border. We threw some water bottles in our bags, and took the train out. After about 20 minutes there, we realized that water bottles were the wrong provisions- what we really needed were umbrellas! So we bought some to protect our heads, if not our poor soaked feet, and walked around for hours trying to get somebody to talk to us. So there we were, walking down the street, trying to hear each other over the downpour, and looking for a less active member, when suddenly we turned a corner and found... Switzerland! Luckily the address we were looking for was the last house before the Swiss border, because I hadn't brought my passport! 

Although we didn't find any less actives who were interested in letting us in, we did find a new ami! There was an address marked on our map as someone who had contacted the church in the past but apparently was never taught. So we called her up, met her at the gare, and had a wonderful lesson about the Restoration! Thérèse is one of the most interesting people I have met on my mission. She told us that she speaks 8 languages, that she studied economics, religion, anthropology, and politics, and that she wrote her thesis on something complicated concerning all 4 of those subjects and a couple of those languages... although she was speaking English we didn't really understand that part `\_(°°/)_/` What we did understand is that she has an amazing faith and is so excited to see us again!

Saturday we had a finding day in Mulhouse! Soeur Bowman came back to Mulhouse everyone! And Soeur Newell and I went to a little village named Cernay! And we went contacting with some of the super cool young women in our ward! And we all found some really awesome new amis that we are both beyond excited to teach! 

To finish off the week, I had such a great time talking to my family! That was my last Skype call home before I go home in December! Although I still have 7 months left here in France, it seems like the days and weeks are just flying by. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people I have been able to meet so far on my mission. It seems like a big chunk of my heart will always stay with the members and amis here in Mulhouse, and in Rennes as well. I love being a missionary and I'm so excited for all the new adventures I will continue to have here in France. 

Have a great week!
Soeur Rogers

Last week  I FOUND A BAGUETTE VENDING MACHINE!! AND I USED IT!!!
 Dreams do come true


No comments:

Post a Comment