Monday, June 12, 2017

6-5-17

Hello everyone! Week 2 in Nantes has just flown by, and I am loving life with my bleue (greenie for all you Americans), getting to know this beautiful ville and all the members as well. Soeur Hacker has spent almost 2 weeks in France now, and although the language is still coming slowly, she's doing her best to learn and improve. We've started setting a timer for "only French" time-- meaning Soeur Rogers only speaks in French and Soeur Hacker speaks some pretty solid Franglais. Yesterday was 30 mins, and we're adding 5 mins every day-- we'll be past 2 hours by the end of the transfer!

We have had some really cool experiences this week! We aren't teaching very many people at the moment, but we're having adventures anyway as we try to find people to teach! For the moment, that means a lot of street contacting, a lot of calling old amis, and a lot of trying to teach the members to help us brush up on our teaching skills. Finding all day can sometimes be a drag, but when you buy your bleue's first kebab at the end, it somehow makes it all worth it!

We also had exchanges at the end of this week! It was CRAZY to go back to Rennes. I walked into the chapel on a Friday night and was instantly surrounded by so many members that I've come to know and love. Between ward council and a young adults activity, and then teaching a member's granddaughter the next day, I got to hug and reconnect with so many members that I wasn't able to bid farewell when I left Rennes the first time. I loved seeing the expressions of confusion and then excitement on their faces when they realized, "wait a second, I know this sister!" It just made me love the French members so much more. They really pay attention to all the missionaries who come through, and you build so many real friendships with the people here. You've never "just another missionary," you are a real friend. 

One more thought from this week-- we talked in district meeting about the blessings that we were given as part of the temple consecration. I could only find it in French, but it says, "Nous te remercions pour les missionnaires fidèles qui sont venus en grand sacrifice dès les premiers jours pour ouvrir ici ton travail sacré. Nous te remercions de tous ceux qui les ont suivis et de tous ceux qui ont écouté leurs paroles et ont accepté leurs témoignages. Nous prions pour que tes bénédictions soient sur les missionnaires qui servent maintenant et qui serviront ici. Père, adoucis les cœurs de ceux qu'ils rencontrent pour les enseigner, et renforce les membres avec du courage pour inviter leurs amis à apprendre l'évangile."

We know from the Doctrine and Covenants that all blessings are given based on obedience to the laws of God. So, what are the laws to which we must be obedient in order to receive these blessings? They are the covenants we make in the temple. This week we have been focusing on exact obedience, and how we can really consecrate every day to the Lord and His work. It has been an awesome experience, especially having a new missionary along for the ride. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!! Bisous,
Soeur Rogers

1. She fell asleep while I was texting an ami
2. Beautiful street art
3. This incredible mystery house
4. First kebab!
5. The beautiful French roses are in bloom this week
6. Going through all the drawers and organizing the markers
7. Went back to Rennes and got to see my recent convert Joy! She was baptized my first week in France, and she is loving being a JA
8. My old apartment in Rennes






No comments:

Post a Comment