Hello everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I would like to begin with an excerpt from the weekly of my wonderfully creative and inspiring beautiful friend Sœur Potter:
"We have a crazy downstairs neighbor who told us not to shower before eight and not to do a lot of other things because of some 'rules' that don't really exist, and after a week or two of me being there she wrote us a note telling us we were not being respectful to her, so then we just started showering before eight because the neighbor below her told us that she was crazy and does that to everybody. Also our downstairs neighbor and her mom yell at each other all through the night, so who's really disrespecting who here...????¿¿¿¿ One time they were yelling at each other in the middle of the day, so I stomped my foot really hard on the ground and they stopped. Hahahahaha. We've never seen the woman. It's an interesting relationship. She yelled bad words at us on Sunday morning because we were getting ready for church and she threatemed to call the police. It was laughable."
Sunday morning? I was there. In the shower actually, it was terrifying. But the rest of our Sunday was great! We saw the Primary program (all the kids from 3-12 did a presentation) and it was ADORABLE! We have 4 languages represented in our Primary (French, English, Spanish, and Portugeuse) and all the kids did their little talks in their own language, it was adorable! And then when they sang songs they sometimes sang the last verse in Spanish or Portuguese. By far my favorite Primary. They were all pretty well behaved too which was cool, except for a couple times when they were all SUPER squished together on the bench and there was a little giggling with kids sitting in each other's laps :)
Also this week we hosted exchanges in Bruxelles! I went with Sœur Durant and we taught Tanya the 10 commandments, complete with cute little hand signs to help her remember them. She laughed so hard! We also had some deep conversations and went finding for about an hour. I don't think we talked to a single person in French during that entire hour, it was hilarious! They were all from Romania and spoke English. I think we must have been close to some sort of Romanian embassy, seriously! Probably they are all coworkers and came into the office the next morning going "these weird American girls tried to talk to me about God last night" and about 4 or 5 people go "me too!!!"
Finally, an update on Meredith. So as of last week she had decided to be married before her baptism, and it looked like that probably wasn't going to happen until March or April. Super sad, right? PSYCH!!
So we asked her to pray about it, right? Meredith always prays about things. She's great. When she prayed about the Word of Wisdom, not only did she stop drinking tea on the spot, she stopped drinking energy drinks as well. Anyway so she prayed about her marriage and baptismal date, etc before going to bed. Then, in the middle of the night, she woke up. Michel Ange woke up at the same time too. They turned to each other and said, "we need to move up our marriage date" So now they are getting married ASAP, probably in December!!! I'm SO SO excited for them, and I'm so happy that Meredith can be baptized sooner as well! They are already planning their temple sealing in a year, and every time we see her, Meredith is just GLOWING!!!
I love this gospel. I love the opportunity I have to see other people change their lives and come unto Christ. Our new missionary purpose has been simplified: Teach Repentance, Baptize Converts. As we teach repentance and help others to come closer to the way Christ and Heavenly Father live, they will have more joy in our lives, and we will have joy in serving others.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Have a beautiful week!!
♡Sœur Rogers








No comments:
Post a Comment