Monday, November 14, 2016

October 24, 2016

Bonjour à tous!
We just had a crazy busy week! I'm going to take it a day at a time:
Tuesday was our zone activity, so we were at the chapel nearly all day! We got to see all the other missionaries from our zone in between our district meetings, formations, and activities. I also got to find out more about the progress on the Versailles temple! They're in the last several months of construction, and there are absolutely going to be soeurs doing the temple tours! The most current news I've heard is that there will be 30-40 soeurs living in or near Versailles and doing tours almost full time! And there are only about 60 soeurs in the mission!
We then had one normal day of missionary work on Wednesday. We went contacting in the morning and had lessons at the chapel in the afternoon. We had planned 4 lessons. Guess how many we taught? Zero. C'est la vie, quoi. Pas grave- we had a great family home evening with the young adults. We played Loup-garou and Sœur Tasso, Sœur George, Melanie and I were the werewolves- we won!
Thursday was the first of three- count 'em, three- finding days! We went to Vannes on Thursday and St. Brieuc on Friday, then stayed in Rennes on Saturday. Both Vannes and St Brieuc are cute little French villes, not nearly as big as Rennes, so we all split up and went contacting for several hours :) In Rennes we went and searched for less active members. We had such a great time all three days, and worked so hard! We met some super cool people. Highlights of finding days:
-Possibly crazy guy named Sylvian who lives in the mountains with his dog and herds goats. He wants to send us goat cheese and winked at us about 7 times :/
-Super sweet old lady named Marie-France who talked to us for about 15 mins telling us all about her grandkids who live in Canada
-Fabianne, who said she has been meaning to talk to "those young men with the plaques like yours" for several weeks bus hasn't yet done it. She now has a rendez-vous scheduled with the elders.
-Christina, who we met on the bus on Saturday. She's originally from Congo Kinshasa, more recently from Portugal, and met with the sister missionaries in the past but lost contact with them! We're seeing her on Tuesday :)
And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for- the news on transfers! Drumroll, please . . . I'm staying in Rennes! Sœur Tasso is staying too, and Sœur George and Elder Rivas. Sœur VanAuker is headed to Arras and Elder Kelley is opening a new équipe in Évry, Sœur George's old ville. And Sœur George's new companion... Soeur Romney! We're all sad to see Sœur VanAuker go, but excited for Sœur Romney :)
I'll leave you all with a quick spiritual thought. I've been thinking about this scripture a lot the last week or so.
3 Nephi 13:26 Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
29 And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.
I was super nervous this entire week about transfers because I'm now officially done being a blue, being trained, which means that I can now be called on at any time to train a brand new missionary. I was super nervous about this possibility, so I just tried to have a lot of confidence in the Lord this week. I know that the Lord doesn't give us challenges and trials we can't endure, and that there are always people and trials put into our path to help us learn and grow. Heavenly Father will take care of us, so all we need to do is put our trust in Him and try our best.
Okay, that's about it! Have a great week everyone, and don't forget to write!
Love,
Sœur Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment