Monday, September 18, 2017

9-4-17

Hi all!
We had a really cool and busy week this week, which of course means I don't have time to tell you about it all! So I'll give you a just couple cool tidbits from this week.
We had another lesson with Oliver, a returning member, and Ofili, his friend. It was super weird to teach the Restoration in English. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to really teaching in English haha :)
We also taught a convert of about a year and his wife, who's not a member. We struggled to decide on what to teach them and finally decided to talk about prayer. When we got there, the member said, "Let me tell you something sisters. Last night I was praying to God, and I was having trouble praying like I want to. I asked God what I should do, and He said, ask the sister missionaries" We said, "Well, that's wonderful, because today we prepared a lesson on prayer"
Our recent convert Gregory received the Aaronic Priesthood at church yesterday! We had a lesson with him the day before where we talked about the priesthood and were able to answer a lot of his questions and concerns. We also ended up talking about stake conference (where he can be sustained to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood) and general conference. We also explained patriarchal blessings to him. It is so cool to be a part of the after-baptism process for him. We can see him becoming more and more integrated with the ward and firm in his testimony. It seems like he's been a member for years already, instead of just 2 months!
We also had an incredible first lesson. It was actually pretty funny, we were porting on Tuesday morning and we we talked to this man named Daniel for a long time. We talked for a while and set up another rdv for Thursday morning when his wife would be home (he had mentioned that she was more religious than he was). When we showed up on Thursday his wife answered the door and we introduced ourselves. She said, "oh yes, my husband told me you would be coming... about 10 seconds before he walked out the door"
So Daniel fruged our rdv, but instead we shared an incredible lesson with his wife, Anne Laure. She was really receptive to our message and excited to read the Book of Mormon. It was such an incredible testimony to me that God knows His children and will help us to find the people that are prepared to listen to us... one way or another.
We wrapped up this with a super fun district P day today! We were finally able to see some of the more touristy site in Arras- the beffroi (which has been featured in previous weeklies, we discovered that we can hear it from our apartment if it's quiet outside), the Boves (underground tunnels from the middle ages) and the Carrière Wellington (underground tunnels from WWI). We had a blast just being together as a district. Being the only companionship in a ville can be fun, but being together with the district (or "sistrict" in our case) is totally worth it.
Bonne semaine à tous et a toute!
Soeur Rogers 
 The Porte de Valenciennes in Douai
 The old tunnels under city center
 We had to wear these dorky helmets to go in the tunnels, I felt like a Rebel fighter!
 The new tunnels south of the gare that were used in WWI. This pic is one of the exits they used when mounting the surprise attack




 This city is so beautiful. Also, we could see our apartment building from the top of the beffroi, it was dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment