Monday, September 18, 2017

9-18-17



 Post-porting selfie :)



Hello all! This week went by so quickly, it's crazy! We did a lot of work with members which was kind of crazy but we finally got to settle down to plan and find near the end of the week. 
                                                Soeur Marechal
On Tuesday we went to visit a member who is recovering from heart surgery. We sang hymns with her for over an hour! We also spent a lot of time in the gare because of work strikes but were finally able to make it to our rdv that evening with the Rivière family. We met Soeur Rivière's daughter, who is less active, and her three children. They were sooo cute!

So in our zone we've been doing a focus on service and referrals. On Wednesday we came early to a mangez-vous to do service for this member. I organized a closet of party supplies and then pruned and watered the flowers in her windowboxes. Soeur Erichsen learned how to iron and ironed a bunch of clothes for her. We then had a beautiful dinner with them. This family loves cheese, and, quelle coinkidink, we do too!! (see pics)
The cheese plate the Nivard family made us-- with 9 types of cheese!

Friday we had the opportunity to work with a member, Soeur Paullion, to go visit our recent convert Gregory and a new ami Claude. It was a busy and stressful day, but having Soeur Paullion with us just helped me to calm down so much. Gregory made us lunch and was super excited to show us what he had prepared for his very first talk on Sunday! When he gave it yesterday I just felt like a proud momma, he did such a good job and testified so powerfully! He is one of the coolest members ever, and he's trying to be prepared to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood before stake conference in 4 weeks. We are so excited for him!

We finished out the week with a second district P-day!! This time we came to Amiens and were able to see the biggest cathedral in Europe. Unfortunately we weren't able to go up to the top because it was raining, but we did get to see the inside. We also got poutine (hooray!!) and went shopping. Soeur Pischer was so excited to buy a big blanket scarf and tried on nearly every scarf in the store. The elders sort of just followed us around, but they were good sports about it :) we had a great time. I love small districts, we all feel like we're best friends.

In my personal studies this week I was really struck by a poem that I've read before, but haven't taken a lot of time to ponder. Thought I'd share:

“‘Father, where shall I work today?’
And my love flowed warm and free.
Then he pointed out a tiny spot
And said, ‘Tend that for me.’
I answered quickly, ‘Oh no, not that!
Why, no one would ever see,
No matter how well my work was done.
Not that little place for me.’
And the word he spoke, it was not stern;
He answered me tenderly:
‘Ah, little one, search that heart of thine;
Art thou working for them or for me?
‘Nazareth was a little place,
And so was Galilee.’”

I know that wherever we are called to serve, we are doing the Lord's work. Whether it be in a big city or a little one, in France or America, as a full-time missionary or serving in another capacity, as we serve the people around us we are serving the Lord. I know that this gospel is true and that we will be blessed for our efforts, big and small. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Soeur Rogers
                      We visited the Amiens cathedral for district P-day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment