Monday, October 2, 2017

9-25-17

Hheeelllllooooo! I am so exhausted right now, this week was so crazy and full!! We took 11 trains, went to 6 different cities, and ate only about 3 meals at home. Not sure how that 6 months to sexy thing is supposed to work...

Sooo transfers again!! Although I thought I was going to be able to finish my mission here in the wonderful ville of Arras, instead we are getting ready to have elders whitewash in!! Soeur Erichsen is going to Compiegne and I'm going to BRUSSELS!!! I'm so sad to leave Arras, but I am PUMPED to go to Belgium! We've been working like crazy to get everything ready for us both to leave and prepare the elders to have a smooth transition.

We had zone conference on Wednesday, and district meeting on thursday. They were both super fun! I love being in a smaller zone (we only have 21 missionaries). Our interviews went way over and we managed to not miss our train, but 3 other companionships did (including the other 2 from our district) and had to sleep over. So after their fun sleepovers, we rejoined our tired compatriots in Amiens for a district meeting and formation on putting on the armour of God. And due to grèves and travaux (gotta love SNCF) we had a lot of extra time there. We profited and bought a solar-powered sumo wrestler for Soeur Erichsen. Guaranteed to make you smile :)

Friday afternoon found us doing service for Soeur Boucry. We helped her clean out her china cupboard and donate the things she doesn't use. We both walked away with some beautiful teacups as well as some crepes that she made us :) 

Saturday morning we did some inspired porting in centreville. We got very lost, turned down an alleyway, and then both noticed this beautiful blue door. We knocked on it and met Fabienne, who first met the missionaries 20 years ago! She was super kind and although she didn't want to meet with us again, we felt like we had been led to talk to her.

Sunday was a super crazy day. All the members were really surprised about the transfer decision, and a lot of them were super sad that they were losing their soeurs. So we had lunch with our new DMP and his family. We ate langue du bœuf. I recognized it pretty easily (thanks dad) but Soeur Erichsen was a little surprised when they told us what it was... after we had each taken a couple bites of course :) 

Afterwards we were invited to go on a lovely Sunday afternoon walk by the Citadelle and to eat dinner with one of the members. We didn't get home until 9:30 and I was SO EXHAUSTED!! Haha I love the members and I'm so happy that they love us, but wow that was a long Sunday!!

I have to go pack again :) so I will leave you with a favorite scripture from this week:
1 Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

I love you all!

Soeur Rogers 

 From district P-day... the elders followed us around while we were shopping :)

The elders are always carrying our stuff lol :) long live the sistrict!
 Sunday walk and the art museum we went to today. I will miss Arras so much!!










No comments:

Post a Comment