Hello all! A bit of a short email but don't worry, I love you all just the same!
On Tuesday all of Bruxelles was having grèves. Naturally, Tuesday was the most jam-packed day of our week! Luckily district meeting was cancelled, so we were able to get to the gare and find a train that was running in enough time to see Tanya! We taught her about the temple (she already knew a lot) and set a goal with her to go to the temple on November 11. We're going to work hard with her to be able to get an interview with the bishop and to help her find family names to take to the temple. We are so excited for her!
Wednesday was zone conference, and we talked a lot about using Facebook in our mission. We talked about how it can help us to improve our relationships with the people we teach, help the, get integrated with the ward, add uplifting things to people's newsfeeds, etc. We've been talking a lot about how to teach with technology. I'm excited to keep learning more and working with these new tools!
Other adventures from this week that I don't have time to tell you about:
-We went to another little Dutch town and got fruged but saw some cool ducks and swans
-We went on splits Saturday afternoon and I taught a cute Chinese family with Soeur Daines. We skyped in the Chinese elders and it was great!
-I was almost late to church trying to get the other soeurs ami there
-A member brought a friend to church. We are seeing her on Friday!
Today we got to finish seeing the Museum of European History. Let me tell you my friends, I love museums, and I love history... this museum blew me off my feet. Because it caters to people that speak about 20 different languages, there is no text anywhere in the museum. Instead, they give you a tablet that has information about everything there as well as audio and videos in your own language. It was super fun!
I am loving Bruxelles and my life as a missionary. We got to attend a special broadcast from Elder Ballard last night. He told us, "We need you to believe in miracles. I bless you to believe in miracles. What is the greatest miracle that can possibly be given? The miracle of bringing someone to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Don't be afraid. Let the miracles work within you. Where do miracles start? They begin on our knees. We ask Heavenly Father to know His will and do His bidding. Do your best and then turn it over to God"
I know that this is true. Miracles can happen! I love you all!
Soeur Rogers
No comments:
Post a Comment