Hello all! We had such a crazy busy week, I hardly know where to begin!
On Tuesday we had district meeting and then quickly ran to the gare to catch a train to Liège for exchanges! I got to spend some time with Soeur Warr and it was one of the chillest exchanges I've ever had. We visited a less active member (who was pretty crazy, not gonna lie) and a recent convert (who was pretty awesome). The next day we went to HEMA to use the wifi and we talked a lot about how we can more effectively use Facebook in our missionary work. It was actually really cool. I feel like up until this week I had been sideyeing Facebook and poking it with a stick, and now we are just going to dive in! I'm excited to start using this technology as a positive force for good.
On Wednesday afternoon we got home from exchanges and immediately left to go visit a less active member. On the bus ride over we had the coolest miracle! We sat across from a woman who looked at our plaques, smiled, and said, "I'm a member of your church, except I never knew where to find the church building!" We kept talking with her and found out that her name is Chatou, she was baptized 30 years ago in Cameroon, and she would absolutely love to come back to church! She had to work this Sunday but she should be coming the next week.
We also had a really interesting lesson on Friday afternoon with our new amie Meredith. She came to church last week with her friend Michelangelo and she has a lot of really... interesting... beliefs. She was polytheistic, but she has since decided that she probably made up her other gods, so now she just believes in one god. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and said that she believes it's true. She has a desire to find out the truth and to live it, so we are excited to keep teaching her!
On Saturday we had a finding day and I got to go finding with Soeur Christensen! It was super fun because she speaks about ten words of French but loves talking to people, so she would approach people and ask, "Do you speak English?" Mostly they didn't, or weren't interested. We got to talk to some American students though, and we would have given them a copy of the Book of Mormon except I didn't have one in English. We gave them a card instead, and Soeur Christensen had a wonderful time :)
After our finding day, we went to go visit a less active that we had never met before named Soeur Ballon. We stopped at Carrefour Planet on the way there to look for root beer (which was sold out) and we found a cheese aisle!!! I was PUMPED and bought a bunch of cheese (Soeur Peterson hasn't tried cheese yet okay??) So we came about 20 mins late to our rdv because of trams etc and it turns out that Soeur Ballon made us food!! Unexpected mangez-vous are the best! We spent forever chatting with her and getting to know her, and finally we had to leave to get home on time. We came home with 2 massive bags filled with fried rice, spring rolls, gauffres, cheese, baguette and Nutella. The other soeurs were like "what happened??"
Guys I love busy weeks!! We are working with so many incredible people here and I feel like I'm hitting my groove as a missionary. Soeur Peterson and I are working super well together. Watch out, week 5!
Hope you all have an incredible week!
Soeur Rogers
No comments:
Post a Comment