Friday, July 21, 2017

6-26-17

They say that gratitude prayers can make even the hardest situation seem easier to manage. And with a year of my mission under my belt and 6 more months to go, there's a lot to be grateful for. So what am I grateful for this week?

I'm grateful for the wonderful people that I've been able to meet on my mission. Just in this last week, we have had the opportunity to hang out with so many members, missionaries, and amis. I'm grateful for the activities we do in Nantes- Samedi Sports, English class, etc. that gives me the opportunity to get to know these people even better. I even had the special opportunity to say hello to a lot of the JA from Rennes, who were in Nantes for the weekend. I'm so grateful for all the people I've met on my mission and for the influence they are in my life!

I am so grateful that I get to serve in one of the most beautiful missions in the world. I mean, what better place to celebrate a year on your mission than in Paris? On Wednesday night we took the train to Paris to sleep over before doing my second-year legality the next day. I got to stay with several of my old comps and favorite missionaries, and then see even more of them the next day as we headed out to the suburbs of Paris. We got legal, visited Consecration Hill, ate paninis and crepes, walked around in the blazing heat trying to find La Chapelle Notre Dame de la Medaille Miraculeuse, and finally saw the Eiffel Tower! (From a distance, of course). It was SO HOT- about 38° during the hottest part of the day (which was, of course, when we were outside) but it was totally worth it :) Paris is exhausting, but it's beautiful and I love it. 

I'm grateful for my loving companion, who is so patient and thoughtful with me when stress is getting me down. I'm grateful for her positive attitude and love for the gospel and for the Lord. I'm grateful for the other sisters in my apartment, who offer their support and ideas to both of us.

I am grateful for the love of my Savior that I can feel every day. I'm grateful for the power of His atoning sacrifice, and for His grace that gives me the strength and courage to face each new day. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve Him and to learn more about myself each and every day. And I'm so grateful to be in France. 

La vie est belle, quoi. Et je vous aime tous :) Bonne semaine,
Soeur Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment