Friday, July 21, 2017

7-3-17

Hello all! I don't have a lot of time, so I'll just share a couple adventures from this week!

-Tuesday was Soeur Empey's last day in France. We went to the boulangerie by our apartment and got her a final croissant and baguette. 
-Nantes is pretty close to an airport so every time we saw an airplane on Thursday we waved :)
-Soeur Ashton came to live with us! I met her in the MTC and she is super sweet.
-We were contacted by a man named Joshua on the tram back from a disappointing morning of finding. He said, "I heard you speaking in English, and I saw Jesus Christ on your tags, and it made me interested! I want to know more!"
-On Friday and Saturday we had exchanges with the STLs in Rennes. This time I got to go with Soeur Miguel and we had an INCREDIBLE time. We visited members, did some crazy finding in the rain, and made up a secret handshake ;) It was super fun to be able to go back to where it all started.
-We visited the Carré family, aka one of the coolest families in Nantes. We chatted in franglais (they lived in the United States for several years) and had cantaloupe, rice salad, flan, and ice cream. I forget how French the French are sometimes.
-On the way to and from the Carré family, Soeur Hacker and I got to talking about her book. We developed personalities, fighting/magic types, and backstories for about 7-8 characters, plotted out 2 major battles, and I came up with several headcanons that became reality. Oh, and there is now a second book. Sorry, Soeur Hacker. Love you ;)
-We saw an incredible imagination/fantasy/engineering world (les Machines de l'Ile). It was incredible- giant moving elephants, spiders, birds, ants, and caterpillars that will all be put into a giant tree (we're talking more than 100 feet in the air). I am currently planing my return trip to Nantes in 2022 to see it completed. Also, their workshop is incredible. Wow.

Love you all!
Soeur Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment