Friday, July 21, 2017

7-17-17

Hello all! This week was a little slow, which is fine because next week is going to be crazy! We are still working hard to find new amis and practicing patience. In the meantime, we were thrilled to see our amie Sophie come back to church this week! She absolutely loves coming to church, and the members do a great job of coming up to her and meeting her. I love the opportunity I have on a mission to sit next to our amis and just marvel at the simplicity of the gospel. It really does make so much sense, and I love walking around in Sophie's shoes and learning about it all over again.

Saturday was our busiest day because we had a finding day in St. Nazaire. St. Nazaire is a teeny tiny beach town with NOBODY out on the streets- at least for the Saturday morning after a national holiday. I got to go out with a super cool member named Vaea. She's 22 and is already a great missionary, even if she hasn't served full-time yet. We were porting all day and managed to find lots of "not home"/"sleeping"/"nobody lives there"/"I don't believe in God, no thank you" in addition to one nice lady, several very handsome young men, and one guy and his dad who wanted us to come back and tell us more about our message. In all, not a bad day :) 

The entire day, I was super impressed and motivated by Vaea's attitude, because even though it was difficult to find anyone who was interested, she was so happy when people were polite instead of rude and when we found somebody home instead of nobody. I was reminded that tender mercies can be really easy to miss, and that Heavenly Father is always there ready to give us encouragement. And sometimes, we need to give ourselves encouragement :) cue the silly things we did this week, such as

- making snowballs from the ice we chipped out of our freezing and throwing them out our kitchen window 
- going to the grocery store in our pajamas to buy ice cream and lemon juice and dancing in the aisles
- making a timeline for Soeur Hacker's book and getting way too involved in the backstory 
- going to visit a less active member and doing nails together
- finding magic passageways while contacting
- walking halfway down the tram line when they were shut down for 14 juillet
- laughing our heads off and posing with silly statues at the art museum

I love spending time with my comp, she is the greatest :) She makes me laugh every day (which sounds like a line from a romance but it's true so whatever) 

I love you all, please always remember that life is beautiful and God loves you!
Soeur Rogers 

No comments:

Post a Comment